The Valmet TS (total Solids), dry solids measurement, is designed for municipal and industrial wastewater applications. This microwave-based measurement technology makes it possible to continuously measure sludge (or other solids) inline within a range of 0 to 50% with high reproducibility.
By having real-time insight into the dry matter concentration at various positions in your water treatment plant, it becomes possible to control the dewatering process in a more targeted manner. This not only results in a higher efficiency of dewatered sludge, but also in cost reduction in energy consumption, transport, polymer and maintenance of your systems.
The Valmet TS has no moving or optical parts, so no periodic maintenance is required. This means that the system is virtually maintenance-free and also works above 3 bar pressure (max 100). No optics are used, so that there is little or no influence of struvite, oil or grease on the accuracy of the measurement.
But also colour-independent, which allows the same 1-point calibration to be used even on changing sludge flows. This makes the TS very suitable for suspended solids measurements in primary and secondary sludge, or for supply to the centrifuge or fermentation installation.
The TS can be used on dewatered sludge up to 500 gr / liter TS. This system is also widely applicable for industrial applications for solids determination in an aqueous solution
- Maintenance-friendly: no expensive maintenance contracts due to maintenance-free system.
- Stable measurement results in fewer laboratory analysis.
- Well-regulated polymer dosing based on continuous inline dry matter determination not only results in savings on polymer consumption, but also in a more optimal sludge dewatering.
- Correct determination of dry matter makes your pumps, centrifuge and / or filter belt press function more efficiently with which a higher yield of dry matter can be achieved and lower energy consumption.
- Higher sludge efficiency contributes to lower transport and incineration costs.
- 24/7 controlling and monitoring.