The Sommer HDI sensor measures the impact of individual hailstones using a specially designed acoustic detector. The sensor surface is an omnidirectional stainless steel head with a diameter of 200 mm in which the electronics are located.
The HDI can detect hailstones between 0.5 and 7.5 cm and up to 25 impacts per second. As well as disdrometry, the different types of hailstones are classified in 15 different classes. This size distribution is reported as a percentage of all impacts detected.
The hail sensor HDI is supplied with a robust, stainless steel mounting arm. With the included USB converter, the sensor can be connected directly to a PC and configured to your needs.
The HDI is the sensor par excellence where hail damage is of great importance: airports, windmill and solar panel parks, agriculture, greenhouses, roofs and vehicles.
- Measurement principle acoustic detector
- Measurement area Ø200 mm
- Range hail stone size 0.5 - 7.5 cm; up to 25 hits/second
- Disdrometer 15 size classes
- Output RS-232, SDI-12, impuls and voltage output
- Protection IP 67
- Temperature range -30°C to +60°C
- Dimensions 260 mm x 450 mm x 200 mm (including mounting arm)
- Mounting mast or crossbar