Seminar: Tolerances & Sample Handling
Colour Measurement: Tolerances & Sample Handling
It is required to have followed the basic course 'Colour & Appearance' in order to participate in this seminar.
Do you want...
- a better understanding of colour difference and tolerance?
- practical guidance on some frequent obstacles faced during colour measurement?
During this seminar, we discuss and present different ways of handling, presenting or preparing samples to have an efficient colour measurement.
It is possible to to bring your own reference and samples. Please inform us in advance.
- Sample preparation
- Influence of gloss or turbidity
- Solutions for limited sample quality or size
By using the tools on your workstation - a light booth, a PC with software and spectrocolorimeter - we will test the theory into practice. We start with a visual test and connect your visual evaluation with the instrumental analysis by using different colour difference formulations and an acceptability test. With an individual test, we will determine and demonstrate which test is most performing and in accordance of the visual judgment.
- Comparison of colour difference calculations
- dE CMC; dE00; dE*76
- Colour difference versus tolerance
- Hands-on training
- Evaluation and interpretation of results