Internet of Things
The Internet of Things, or rather ‘IoT’, is a concept that cannot be ignored in this modern and digital world. It stands for devices that are connected via the Internet, exchange data, communicate and ideally make decisions autonomously.
Sensors which may be utilised in IoT applications are smart devices. They comprise of processors and built-in network technology to enable communication. It is these components that enable them not only to collect and transmit data, but also to respond to it.
This communication takes place over mobile networks such as: 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE-M and is done via a certain protocol, depending on what is desired by the end user. We are happy to assist you in this decision and help you using our extensive knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of the various network protocols including, for example, HTTP, LoRaWAN, Sigfox, etc. as well as data protocols such as MQTT, CoAP, AMQP, XMPP.
If several networks are activated on the sensor, it is possible to switch to another network if one fails in order to ensure access to the sensor and the transmission of data. This way you can be sure that your data is always available.
Without compressing the correct and reliable functioning of the sensors, the following advantages can be assured:
- More efficient data processing.
- Reduced battery consumption: by coordinating sensors and setting them to measure only when a particular “event” occurs.
- Alarm system: possibility of sending notifications in case of problems and thus being able to intervene faster in case of problems.
- Always accessible: it is easy to make adjustments to the measurement application from home, for example. Work when you want from a location of your choice.
- IoT often goes hand in hand with real-time information and checking the status of the sensor.
IoT for your application
Are you thinking of implementing IoT in your application or business? Then please don’t hesitate to contact us and together we will find a tailor-made solution.