Seminar: Viscometry & Rheology
Elscolab NV, Kruibeke (BE)
Practical Viscometry & Rheology
A "how-to" guide for getting the best possible results from your viscometer and easy introduction to using those results to better understand how your products flow.
- What is viscosity? Units of viscosity.
- Newtonian vs Non-Newtonian Fluids: What are they and how do you test them?
- Different ways of measuring viscosity.
- Choosing spindles and speeds for a simple test method.
- Checking instrument performance and calibration.
- Obtaining simple viscosity profiles.
- "My reading never stops changing!” Dealing with thixotropic fluids.
- Understanding shear stress and shear rate as it relates to your products and their processes.
- How does rheology determine how your products flow?
- Yield stress and Thixotropy: How do they govern real-life flow?
Hands on session on different instruments
Geert Van Cleemput
Viscometry & Rheology
Geert Van Cleemput started his career in the chemical industry. He has over 20 years of experience in viscosity and rheology and 10 years in colour management. Meanwhile he has been part of the Elscolab-team for more than 10 years. He attended various training courses at Hunterlab, 3C, Brookfield, etc. His pragmatic approach with maximum focus on concrete cases and examples, combined with a real expertise, make him a highly appreciated trainer.